In accordance with Article 171 of the Air Transport Law (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia”, no. 73/2010, 57/2011, 93/2012, 45/2015, 66/2015, sec. law, 83/2018 и 9/2020), Aviation Mechatronics Technician belongs to the category of non-flight personnel for aircraft maintenance, aircraft mechatronic systems maintenance and reparation and manufacturing components of aircraft power plants, whose tasks directly influence air transport safety.
Aviation Mechatronics Technician
Aircraft mechatronic systems maintenance and reparation and manufacturing components of aircraft power plant
Minimal number of points
Duties – professional competences:
- preparation, task organization, administration work;
- diagnostics of aircraft mechatronics components/ power plants in compliance with defined procedures;
- aircraft mechatronics components/ power plant maintenance in compliance with defined procedures;
- repair of aircraft mechatronics components/ power plants in compliance with defined procedures;
- aircraft ground handling equipment maintenance;
- taking measures of precaution for health and safety at work, environment protection and fire protection.
Qualification is based on job description, objectives and outcomes of vocational education. Rights, liabilities and responsibilities of Aviation Mechatronics Technician are defined by the document of the European Committee (EU) 1321/2014 Regulation on the continuing airworthiness of aircraft and aeronautical products, parts and appliances, and on the approval of organisations and personnel involved in these tasks.
Following the satisfactory completion of study programme, if one meets the requirements defined by “The Aviation Academy Regulations on the conditions for obtaining licence”, the person is entitled to take theoretical exams for category A licence.
A category aircraft maintenance licence permits the holder to issue certificates of release to service following minor scheduled line maintenance and simple defect rectification as specified in standard PART-145, always within the limits of tasks specifically endorsed on the authorisation.
This category is divided into following subcategories, with regard to combinations of airplane, helicopters, turbine and piston power plants:
- A1 Aeroplanes Turbine;
- A2 Aeroplanes Piston;
- A3 Helicopters Turbine;
- A4 Helicopters Piston.
The curriculum for the Aviation Mechatronics Technician education profile is in compliance with EASA PART – 147 и PART – 66 standard.
LIST OF SUBJECTS PER GRADES