In accordance with Article 174 of Air Transport Law, Air Transport Search and Rescue Technician belongs to the category of ground handling personnel, whose tasks indirectly influence air transport safety.
Air Transport Search and Rescue Technician
Search and rescue, airport fire fighting and aircraft refuelling.
Minimal number of points
Duties – professional competences:
- performs tasks of search;
- performs tasks of rescue;
- performs tasks of fire prevention and fire protection;
- performs tasks of fire fighting;
- performs tasks of aircraft fuel handling, storage and refuelling.
Qualification is based on job description, objectives and outcomes of vocational education. Rights and liabilities and responsibilities of Air Transport Search and Rescue Technician are defined by the documents ICAO АNNEX 12, АNNEX 13, АNNEX 14, and ICAO DOC 9476 (AN/927), Emergency Situation Act, Air Transport Law and Fire Protection (and Prevention) Act.
Following the satisfactory completion of study programme, if one meets the requirements defined by “The Aviation Academy Regulations on the conditions for obtaining licence”, person obtains certificate on competence in following fields:
- air transport search and rescue personnel;
- firefighting trained personnel;
- airport equipment handler;
- aircraft fuel handler.
The curriculum for the Air Transport Security Technician education profile is in compliance with EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency).
LIST OF SUBJECTS PER GRADES